Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pass on the Roses

Written by Judy Johnson
March 10, 2008


I have grown really Red.

All those around me have grown Red.

Out I came from a thorn...

Sorry, I hurt your fingertip when I
touched your fingertip.

Sorry, I do not offer many options to
brighten your day.

My favorite color is red.

I was surprised when I touched your
fingertip. I saw that you also have red color in you.

You have red color inside you.
The red color is outside on me.
My skin is red.

All around me are a lot of petals.

I do not know why you pick me.
Even with the thorns I have.

I do not feel I can brighten your day
but you picked me anyway.

I want to say thank you for choosing me.
I opened my heart to you.
You can smell my love for you.

You share your love with me
by sending me to share your love with others.
You placed me in the center of the table
to share the scent of my heart
with your loved ones around me.

I loved to hear you say,
'I love you' hundreds, even thousands of times.

You send me away to many different homes
and hospitals to cheer someone up, and
make them feel really loved.

You send me away to remind someone that you really love them.

May I remember who takes care of me, and feeds me.
Thus, it is you that takes care of me, and feeds me until
I reach full maturity.

I grow old fast - within two weeks or a few weeks after
you cut me from my birth.

I know you will continue to take care of new ones that replace me
after I die, to show others that you loved me.
You CANNOT keep me a secret.

But you can tell others the GREATEST secret.
How to keep me young, where there is nothing that withers and dies.
You will find me in Heaven after Jesus returns.
Now you die knowing that
you are well loved, and cared for.

Thank you for taking care of me, and loving me for who
I am - even with the thorns.

Edited by PB

No comments: